6th Biennial Conference of the Africa Academy of Management
January 8-10, 2022
The German University in Cairo
Management Praxis in the African Context: Sustainability, Responsibility and Ethics
As we usher in a new decade, our nations, institutions, and communities are facing grand challenges that include the impact of climate change, corruption, poor governance, persistent inequality, and political instability which collectively, define the context of management education and practice. In considering the theme of management praxis through the lens of sustainability, responsibility, and ethics, our aim is to explore answers to questions such as:
- What role does management education play in preparing responsible and ethical leaders?
- How are African institutions and organizations responding to, and preparing for, the realities and challenges of climate change and other grand challenges?
- How can African countries and communities become resilient in the face of the volatile, uncertain, and complex environment in which we are living?
- How are different types and sizes of businesses in the continent responding to, and mitigating against climate change? How are they engaging their various stakeholders in their sustainability efforts?
- In what ways can leadership development help to prepare responsible ethical leaders?
- How is sustainability and ethics reflected in public policies in Africa? How can public policy initiatives advance sustainability in management education and practice in the continent?
- What is the role of African leaders and managers in addressing inequalities based on gender, ethnicity, class and sexual orientation? How can management help governance in Africa through leadership, values, ethics, and culturally-appropriate practices to transform the African enterprise?
NOTE: Please see the attached document for details.