We are delighted to invite you to join the Africa Academy of Management (AFAM). This exciting organisation brings together people with an interest in management in Africa. Membership in AFAM provides a platform for building collaborative and supportive relationships for and with African and other scholars in the Diaspora who engage in, or who have an interest in research on management and organizations in Africa.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member of AFAM and seeing you at one of our upcoming events.
To become a member you have to:
- Complete an Online Application Form accessed from our web page: Membership Application
- Pay the annual dues. The details of payment methods will be forwarded to you on approval of your application.
Membership Benefits and Services:
- Members become part of a large network of academics and practitioners that facilitates research and practice on management research on Africa.
- Members can belong to two AFAM interest groups.
- Members receive reduced rates to AFAM’s biennial conference.
- Members are able to use AFAM’s ‘members only’ diverse online services and membership directory on our web page: Members.
- Members have an opportunity to be included in an electronic and searchable database of experts on our web page: Members.
- Members are able to conduct and engage in discussion forums and live chats through our website: Members.
- Members have access to past workshop and conference academic materials.
- Members are eligible to receive awards for their papers or for their contribution to academia at AFAM conferences.
- Members have an opportunity to contribute papers or chapters in edited volumes, special issues and other outlets that will be championed by AFAM.
- Members have an opportunity to have a mentor to help strategise with career and publishing.
- Members are entitled to participate as speakers in all AFAM organised workshops and conferences.
- Members are eligible to vote or stand for a post in all AFAM-related elections.
- Members can post job vacancies, conference announcements, publications announcements, research and scholarship opportunities, and any other relevant information to our web page: Jobs
Annual Membership Dues:
AFAM membership runs on a biennial basis (i.e. a two-year membership cycle). Your membership dues support the work of AFAM to promote African management scholarship and research, including support for faculty and African management scholarship development initiatives. Your dues also support annual AFAM events, such as conferences, workshops, and all socials events, including AFAM hosted socials at the AOM annual conferences.
- Academic (Diaspora) US$100 – A researcher and, or teacher in a college, university or research institution outside Africa; including those individuals with an Emeritus Status.
- Practitioner US$100 - A non-academic management consultant or practitioner located outside of Africa.
- Academic (Africa) US$80 – A researcher and, or teacher in a college, university or research institution in Africa; including those individuals with an Emeritus Status.
- Practitioner US$80 - A non-academic management consultant or practitioner located in Africa.
- Student US$50 – A full-time graduate student with an interest in the field of management. A proof of student status will be required. A part-time student pays the academic or practitioner rate as appropriate.
All membership fees cover a two-year membership cycle. The above membership dues are individual, non-refundable, and non-transferable. For further information please check AFAM website or contact Dr Judy Muthuri at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Africa Universities Institutional Membership Special Rate
NOTE: AFAM is offering a special institutional biennial membership rate of $60 dollars instead of $80 per person if six (6) or more academic staff would like to join together. For more information about the discounted rate and membership procedures, please contact the membership team: email@example.com